Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NEW BOOK: Crazy Love

Gents I am excited to start this new book called Crazy Love by Fancis Chan. It’s been one of those books that has moved me from the middle ground of comfort in many areas of my life and created an urgency to pursue the God of the universe in a whole new light. A quote from the summary on the back of the book says it well... “Because when you’re wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.”

“This book is written for those who want more Jesus. It is for those who are bored with what American Christianity offers. It is for those who don’t want to plateau, those who would rather die before their convictions do.

I hope reading this book will convince you of something: that by surrendering yourself totally to God’s purposes, He will bring you the most pleasure in this life and the next. I hope it affirms you desire for “more God”- even if you are surrounded by people who feel they have “enough God.” I hope it inspires confidence if you have questioned and doubted the commitment of the American church. I want to affirm your questioning, even while assuring you there is hope.” Crazy Love pg. 21


It’s very easy to get comfortable on the journey when you set the pace. It’s also easy to be comfortable when you are around other people that are comfortable. Often the Lord brings people into my life that have raised the bar in areas I have settled for less. It’s around them I feel re-inspired to pick myself up off the couch and journey further.


Father,

Will you renew our understanding of you, will you captivate our hearts by simply revealing the truth of who you really are. We have settled for comfort in so many areas of our walk with you and we are in desperate need for new conviction, passion and a love for you... that changes everything! Amen.


Blessings,

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment