Monday, January 4, 2010

I know Better

It’s 2010 ready or not, Happy New Year!

“Whether God is calling you to some great mission or simply moving you to confess a failing, the fear of the unknown may make you uncomfortable... Either pride will blind you, your fear will intimidate you, or your faith will prevail.

PRIDE: I know better

God has a way of showing us that we don’t know as much as we think we do. He will act to show us that we do not know better than He does.

That’s what happened to King Nebuchanezzar, who had to learn some lessons in humility. Talk about humbling: For seven years, the king suffered from mental illness that caused him to roam the pastures outside the palace and chew on grass like a cow. After paying the price for his pride, the once self-centered king said: “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all His ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble” (Daniel 4:37)” Every Man, God’s Man pg. 65-66


There have been several areas of my life where I have mustered up my strength and tried to knock the ball out the park and have been struck out each time. God has broken down my confidence and my pride and I finally feel like I’m poised to give God all glory, praise and worship when He does finally allow breakthrough in some of those areas.


If I can believe in 2010 that God is good, that He knows best and that apart from Him I cannot produce lasting good fruit, then this year may open up to some huge possibilities! If I continue to think and act as if I know best then I can look forward to another year of roaming the pastures chewing grass like a cow.


Father, you are the one that breathes life into anything we do. Unless you build the house we labor in vain. God we lay down this new year and ask you to humble our hearts in such a way that you receive all glory and honor. Amen.


Rob

2 Comments:

  1. Joe said...
    I like it! Happy New Year!
    Rob said...
    Joe I miss you! I miss you a lot a lot a lot.

Post a Comment