Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Conditions...

“The first step towards integrity with God is throwing our way out, surrendering unconditionally to His standard, and then moving fully toward His plan. The reason so many men I talk with are unfulfilled in their relationships with God is that they will not give up their ways.” Every Man pg. 69

As men we are famous for holding firm to our ways and thinking we know better than others and usually God too. Ha it’s funny how many times I have fought to the death on something and been wrong in the end. If only I had allowed myself to be teachable, changeable and submitted to God along the way.

If you are like me, we have come to understand the concept of surrendering our lives to God but the next word in today’s excerpt that comes after “surrendering” is usually the road block for me and most others... “unconditionally”.
That means we surrender our ways, our wills, our knowledge, pride, standards, families, our bodies (more specifically your man parts :) and pretty much everything else in your life to God and do so UNCONDITIONALLY (WITHOUT ANY CONDITIONS)!

Let’s Pray;
God we long to be more hungry and desperate for You! We get in the way with our conditions and our half hearted attempts at surrender. Will you meet us where we are at and lead us into a deeper knowledge of who you are because I believe when we get just a glimpse of your greatness, your glory and your love, we will crumble at your feet. We want to be all yours my Lord!
Amen

Blessings,
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment